Thursday, February 22, 2007

I love my new house.

Yes, I have a house. I don't own it per say, but its still amazing. The last apartment building we lived in ended up being a dive. It was the nicest apartment I've seen in a long time... hardwood floors, a fireplace, 2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms, den, huge living room area. The problem with it was that nothing was ever done. No maintenance of any kind. From the simplest stuff like having our name on the buzzer list (11 months and you can't print off a new list?) to huge problems like a water main bursting and spilling 20,000 gallons of water into the building. Luckily Em was home and my sister and Carlos showed up to help out and kept the damage to our belongings to a minimum. To be honest, I don't believe anything of ours was damaged. Lucky, I know. We went searching for a new place right away and ended up living amidst boxes, missing drywall, missing floors, and a cat that thought it would be fun to hide in boxes that were being packed, only to have himself sealed shut in one before we heard the meowing. He was playing hide and seek, and he won. But now the three of us are living in a townhouse and it is amazingly better. Amazingly... its a word. From my desk in the office I can look out the window and see our friend's house. Its scary because Adam likes beer as much as I do, and the Beer Store/Boston Pizza combo is dangerously close. It'll be good to be close to Tellie again for random cokeonversations. Yes... I meant to write that. She knows what it means.

All in all, I'm finally relaxed. And it feels good.

1 comment:

Sixth and Elm said...

Yes I do know what it means.... and I guess that's what makes the cokeversations so important.