Monday, February 26, 2007

I Could Never Be The President of the USA.

Trust me. Its true. I wouldn't do a good job. Qualities a President must have include the ability to maintain a calm demeanor and exude confidence, no matter what major event is happening.

Lets take a show like "24", where the President is faced with a constant crisis. He (so far its always been a guy... so no ripping me apart for being sexist) must not let any situation affect his judgment at all. I can't do that. Today started off with a bit of a sleep in, and then to the gym (on my schedule) to have a workout with KP. My body didn't feel right... my arms would not coordinate with my legs or any other part of my body. It was annoying. All in all it was a decent workout... between easy and medium but definitely closer to medium. But the fact that I wasn't "on" bugged me. I also found out that a good chunk of my reading week in going to be spent in the dirty taint of Ontario... Windsor. It was then I realized this was not going to be my day. So I get home and try to put some music on my new phone to use it as an mp3 player and my phone wouldn't play the music I put on it. This upset me. Minor eh? Then, my mailbox key wouldn't work. This pissed me off too... along with the idiot who lives across the street from the mailbox. My question "Do you know if there is another mailbox in the complex?" His reply... "Call Daniel's as they come around in the afternoon to fix things." I'm sure he thought I was screwing around with the mailboxes, but after my explanation fell on deaf ears I told him to shove it and got in my car. Now I was really mad. Two episodes of 24 didn't help at all. They didn't worsen my mood, but they didn't have their usual therapeutic effects. ARRR!

I drove to my usual evening locale in a foul mood. If someone wasn't going as fast as I thought they should be on the highway, I cursed them. When I got to said place, I saw someone I didn't want to see at all. This person's voice annoyed me to no end.

February 26th, 2007. I'll remember that. If I ever get the chance to relive a day I have to remember NOT to say that date. August 12th, 2006. There's a good day. NOT February 26th, 2007.

I definitely could not have addressed any size nation today, let alone one the size of the US. I couldn't have addressed Vatican City and its population of 920. (isn't that a crazy stat... a country with a population of 920... Google it... its true). Hats off to the President.

The day is over, which is nice. A vanilla vodka and coke helps too.

1 comment:

Sixth and Elm said...

You find 24 Therapeutic? I guess nuclear bombs, terrorism and arson could relaxing... to some...

I find it hilarious that you know the population of Vatican City. I know you said you googled it, but I still think it's funny that you did.