Thursday, February 22, 2007

Communication.

There is a problem with communcation. People have lost the meaning of the word. Two examples spring to mind.

#1 - we were supposed to meet with a VP of a large company to discuss "issues" we had with her company. She got snowed in and sent us an email but did not call. In her email she said she was going to call. She did not. Poor communication.

#2 - I was supposed to go to the Post Office to pick up the keys to my new mailbox in the complex I live in. I got there and was told that I needed something with my name AND new address on it. Here is the conundrum (yes I just used that word)... everything with that address is being MAILED to me. I cannot get at it since I do not have the key. I had to bring my lease. Who the hell would've known that?

Anyways... communication. Its a lost art. People believe that email and MSN's suffice. They don't. You don't have to speak to someone for very long on the phone... a minute is good... but honestly... are people afraid to talk to one another? I'm venting. I know. But hey, its my blog.

1 comment:

Sixth and Elm said...

Yeah! They did that to us too! She told me to bring in my lease then, if I had no mail from the new place. But the company was MAILING me my lease, so that was in the mailbox too! You'd think they'd have run into this problem before and fixed it by now...