Thursday, January 05, 2006

Pierre Maguire.... WHAT?

Pierre Maguire - What a knob. This guy cannot commentate to save his own life. He's awful. I'm sure he knows a lot about hockey and thats great... way to go Pierre. But honestly. Do I have to listen to him describe Mark Staal as a "human eraser" or other such tripe? I shouldn't. Gord "Three Chins" Miller isn't that bad, but I swear all they go by each game is a piece of paper with a couple tidbits of information on it that they keep repeating. Its the only reason I know that some Finnish acne-laden teenager named Tuuka Rask is a draft pick of the Toronto Maple Leafs. 'Cause thats all he knows. I'm done with him.

I just don't like commentators who are hired just because they know something about the sport. I know a bit about running, but I would never be a commentator for the World Championships or Olympics. Why? Because I'm not a commentator. I know that. I'm alright with that. Pierre thinks he's good, along with a bunch of others who rely on stupid comparisons, similes, and mindless dribble that means absolutely nothing. Its annoying. Its fake, and people can tell. You can't make it as a coach? You can't make it as a commentator? Take that as a sign!!! You know a lot about the sport but are not good enough to be in it. FIND ANOTHER HOBBY!!!

No comments: