Sunday, November 27, 2005

A Bit About Me...

So... you've stumbled upon my blog and so I feel it necessary to fill ya in on some, but not all, aspects of me. If I gave you it all in one post it would take a lot to convince you to keep coming back. So here are some random thoughts.

People get way too stressed about way too many things. Life is pretty damn easy. Thats not an arrogant thought. I'm not perfect. I have debt, ugly feet, you know... just shit goin' on. But unless your life is in danger, just relax. Work on one problem at a time, and you'll find you may end up alright.

Pearl Jam is the greatest band ever. While writing this little section, Gimme Some Truth was coming out of my speakers. While I know it was written by John Lennon, Pearl Jam decided to cover it and this particular version is from the Madison Square Garden concert, July 8th, 2003. If you haven't heard it, let me know. I'll get it to you somehow.

I've never owned a car. Never. Maybe its because I bike everywhere, and figure whats the use in owning a car? I have a bike. Had the urge to buy one a couple times, literally a couple of times.

Everyone should get outside and run/walk/bike/rollerblade/whatever for at least half an hour a day. Do it before you go to work, during lunch, after work, to and/or from work. But everyone should do it. It should be a law. I mean, its half an hour! Thats it. Another example of life being easy.

One of the best movie scenes of all time is in a movie called Human Traffic. Jip sees a guy in the bar while he's ordering a drink that he sorta knows. He ends up having to make small talk for the agonizinly long 2 minutes it takes for him to get a pint. After, he explains how easier life would be if you could just tell the person what you really feel. Example "You know, I don't really like you and we're never going to be friends. I have nothing against you, I just don't feel like taking the time to get to know you. As I'm sure you don't want to do the same on your end. Take care. Hope I don't see you again." No small talk, no lies, just truth. I didn't do the scene justice with that explanation, so rent the movie. The rest of it is good too.

Why do people get autographs? I have one. Haile Gebreselassie. It was given to me. I would never ask for one though. Don't know why people do.

I don't care that Nick and Jessica broke up. What pisses me off is that I know who Nick and Jessica are.

Weekends should include Friday. Honestly... five days working and then two off? Give me a break. Some people work six or seven days a week. Monday to Thursday. Perfect.

Dave Matthew Band has not done anything different in about 6 or 7 years. I wish they would. I used to love that band. I still dig their music, but am waiting for some new stuff that is completely different from anything else they've put out. Its like Rage Against the Machine... by the time the third record came out I just wanted to hear the guitars and drums, and I wanted Zach to shut up. Yes I know people are being oppressed. I wish they weren't. But please sing about something else. Not trying to be insensitive... am I coming across as that? Meh...

Anyways... theres some stuff. Nothing controversial... this time. I'm sure there will be a couple occasions where I post stuff on here after a solid night of consumption that may have to be taken down a couple days later, but until then this is what you get.

No comments: